Amy Katz, CEO and Co-founder: Amy oversees day-to-day operations, including finance, sales, marketing and strategic business relationships. Previously, Amy was VP of sales at Microcast Communications, a targeted media company that served emerging broadband and IT channel markets. Earlier, Amy founded Madcass Media, where she worked with Fortune, Fortune Small Business, Business 2.0, IDG Communications and SourceMedia to develop and sell custom publishing and events programs. She also wrote and executed marketing and sales plans for a New England building manufacturer and an e-magazine startup. Earlier in her career, Amy was corporate sales director at Ziff Davis Media, driving relationships with major IT vendors across the industry. She planned media for numerous tech and consumer clients at various advertising agencies in Boston and Denver. Amy lives north of Boston, MA with her husband and two children. She enjoys kayaking, swimming and hiking with her family, and can be found poolside many a weekend watching her kids compete for the North Shore Sharks swim team.
Joe Panettieri, Executive VP and Co-founder: As editorial director, Joe oversees our content development, search engine optimization and Web site strategies. Previously, Joe spent more than a decade building and managing integrated media platforms and events for Microcast Communications, Ziff Davis Media and CMP Media. At Microcast, he was VP of editorial content for a variety of IT channel and municipal broadband platforms. Earlier at Ziff, he was VP/editorial director of the Custom Solutions Group and editor of Smart Partner. Joe moderated more than 100 CIO events annually, and was the founding editorial director for the Ziff Davis CIO Summit, Accelerate (for AMD) and Innovations (for IBM). Earlier, he spent six years at CMP, rapidly rising through the editorial ranks at InformationWeek and Windows Magazine. Joe has also developed targeted content for Business 2.0, CFO, Fortune and Fortune Small Business, and he has appeared on CNN and CNBC to discuss trends in Silicon Valley. In his “spare time,” Joe created AfterCMP and AfterZiffDavis, two popular social networks for former CMP and Ziff Davis employees. When not blogging live from conferences, Joe spends time with his wife and three sons on Long Island.
The Nine Lives Media Inc. Team (the Experts behind the Experts)
Nine Lives Media Inc.’s team includes more than a dozen experts in such areas as editorial content, social media development, sales and marketing, design, and project management.
- Kimberly Daniels, Senior Sales Consultant: Based in Southern California, Kim plays a key role in driving Nine Lives Media Inc.’s sales, customer engagements and customer satisfaction. She works directly with CEO Amy Katz on new business development, account service and customer relationships. Kim has over 13 years of successful career experience in media sales for such organizations as CMP Media, EverythingChannel and Primedia, selling print and online media as well as face-to-face events. Kim is a sales achiever; her accomplishments are a function of her ability to creatively maximize products and services, market research, media capabilities and audience characteristics.
Content Experts (Editors and Bloggers):
Our fast-moving bloggers deliver informed perspectives and timely opinions. When we have biases, we share them. When we have agendas, we disclose them. When we don’t have an opinion, we go silent. Our regular contributors are experts in their respective fields. Our editorial team also develops custom content (white papers, case studies, podcasts, Webcasts, event moderation, conference content) for our clientele.
- Charlene O’Hanlon, Contributing Senior Editor: Charlene oversees day-to-day editorial content on MSPmentor and The VAR Guy. She is an award-winning editor and writer specializing in the IT channel, managed services, technology tools and trends. Over the past 15 years, her articles have appeared in numerous technology and telecommunications trade publications including PHONE+, CRN and Campus Technology News. A native of Arizona, she graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and now makes her home in New York, where she drives her friends and family crazy with her daily complaints about the cold weather.
- Matthew Weinberger, Contributing Associate Blogger: Matthew covers software as a service (SaaS), cloud computing and recurring revenue models for the IT channel. He has written about consumer and personal technology for The New York Daily News, and is a graduate of Stony Brook University.
- David Courbanou, Contributing Associate Blogger: David covers system hardware and software, with an emphasis on mobile computing, desktops, servers and virtualization. David also covers traditional and specialty distributors. He is a white hat hacker of sorts, running Mac OS X on a Dell netbook (please don’t tell Apple…). And he is an early adopter of the Motorola Droid.
- John Moore, Contributing Blogger: John covers master MSPs and Web hosting providers for MSPmentor. John’s areas of editorial expertise also the IT channel, public sector IT and health IT. He started covering technology topics in 1986 and has worked for publications including Computer Systems News, Federal Computer Week and Smart Partner. For the past seven years he has worked as a freelance writer, contributing articles to a number of print and online publications. Those include: Baseline, Campus Technology, Dice.com, Government Computer News, Government Health IT, ITsecurity.com, and Tech Target.
- The VAR Guy contributors also include experts who have built and managed channel programs for major IT vendors.
- MSPmentor contributors have covered the IT channel for more than a decade.
Social Media Developers:
Notice, we didn’t say social network developers. The world does not need another FaceBook or LinkedIn. Our site developers deliver world-class blogging platforms, where writers and readers engage in an open, ongoing dialog. Our sites are search engine optimized to the max, and leverage hundreds of hand-picked open source components that our developers piece together into new media platforms.
When you visit our media sites, participate in our webcasts or read our white papers, you’ll notice our designers’ attention to detail. We’re obsessed with our brands. And we’re committed to showing off our clients’ brands as well.
How do we keep the trains running on time — across three fast-growing media platforms, plus events and custom media? It takes talented project managers. And thankfully, our project managers keeps us focused on the job at hand: Meeting our commitments in a timely manner.