Today: Join Our Final Webcast of 2010
Nine Lives Media Inc. is wrapping up 2010 on a high note. Yesterday we launched TalkinCloud, the first video blog and online forum for VARs and MSPs navigating cloud computing. Today, we host our final webcast of the year. The topic, appropriately enough, is: Don’t Fear the Cloud: Five Ways to Position for Profits. Arnie Bellini, CEO of ConnnectWise (the event’s sponsor), will reinforce his vision for the modern SMB office, and the profit opportunities within. Plus, two top MSPs — ERGOS Technology Partners President Steve Winder and Big Sur Technologies CEO Sam Sandusky — will share their real-world tips.
Nine Lives Media Inc. Launches Talkin’ Cloud
Nine Lives Media Inc., the most innovative media company serving today’s IT channel, today unveiled Talkin’ Cloud (www.TalkinCloud.com), the first video blog, forum and online community for VARs and MSPs sorting out their cloud computing strategies.
“Hot. Hype. Opportunity. Panic. Everybody in the IT channel is talking about the cloud and its business implications,” said Amy Katz, CEO of Nine Lives Media Inc. “Now there’s finally a single, online destination for the channel cloud conversation: TalkinCloud.com. We look forward to engaging our readers and site visitors immediately, and we thank our launch sponsors Asigra Inc., Autotask Corp., ConnectWise, Doyenz Inc., Google Inc. and Rackspace Hosting Inc. for their support.”
Talkin’ Cloud (www.TalkinCloud.com) is Nine Lives Media Inc.’s third major IT channel community, joining MSPmentor (www.MSPmentor.net) and The VAR Guy (www.TheVARguy.com), the two leading blogs in the IT channel.
“TalkinCloud.com is a natural extension to The VAR Guy and MSPmentor,” said Joe Panettieri, executive VP and editorial director of Nine Lives Media Inc. “We’ve defined and developed the market for IT channel blogs. Now, we’re set to break some more media rules with TalkinCloud.com, while continuing to invest in each of our growing brands.”
Who’s Talkin’ Cloud Right Now?
Talkin’ Cloud includes a daily video blog hosted by Panettieri. The video blog is attracting the IT channel’s top cloud computing experts. Confirmed launch week guests include:
- Sandy Carter, Vice President, IBM Software Group Business Partners and Midmarket, IBM Corp.
- Stephen Cho, Director, Google Apps Channels, Google Inc.
- Jenni Flinders, Vice President, U.S. Partner Strategy & Programs, Microsoft Corp.
- Doug Smith, Senior Director, Global Channels, VMware Inc.
More than 20 other cloud computing leaders and channel executives — representing GoGrid, Red Hat Inc., McAfee Inc., SoftLayer, SAP AG, and more — are confirmed to appear on the Talkin’ Cloud daily video blog in December 2010.
The Cloud. The Channel. The Chatter
Today’s Talkin’ Cloud launch includes editorial and sponsored components:
- The TalkinCloud Video Blog
- News, Business and Technology Blogging, featuring multiple daily reports from Nine Lives Media Inc.’s editorial contributors.
- TalkinCloud Forum, for VARs, MSPs and vendors to discuss and share cloud strategies and best practices.
- TalkinCloud Mobile, optimized for smartphones and handheld devices.
- TalkinCloud Weekly eNewsletter, launching in January 2011.
- TalkinCloud 50, a global research report tracking VARs, MSPs, cloud services providers and solutions providers that generate the most cloud computing revenues.
- TalkinCloud PR, a free press release distribution service that’s search engine optimized for technology companies.
- Social media destinations including:
- TalkinCloud’s launch sponsors include Asigra Inc., Autotask Corp., ConnectWise, Doyenz Inc., Google Inc. and Rackspace Hosting Inc. A limited number of 2011 sponsorships are still available.
- Sponsors leverage traditional advertising, guest blogging, and content sharing opportunities to engage and educate TalkinCloud’s audience.
- TalkingCloud FastChat Videos, which promote vendor messaging across TalkinCloud and third-party video sites such as YouTube.
- TalkinCloud Webcasts, sponsored events hosted by Nine Lives Media Inc., featuring MSPs and VARs that are profiting in the cloud.
Track Record for Success: MSPmentor and The VAR Guy
Founded in 2008, Nine Lives Media Inc. has a strong track record for innovation. The company’s market-leading IT channel blogs include:
- MSPmentor (www.MSPmentor.net), the ultimate guide to managed services and the top blog serving MSPs. MSPmentor’s web traffic has grown 51% year-to-date 2010 vs. the same period in 2009.
- The VAR Guy (www.TheVARguy.com), the top blog tracking what’s next in the IT channel. The VAR Guy’s web traffic has grown 64% year-to-date 2010 vs. the same period in 2009.
Nine Lives Media Inc. continues to make editorial, sales and management investments in both MSPmentor and The VAR Guy, each of which generated double-digit revenue growth in 2010.
Editorial and Sponsor Opportunities
- For sponsorship information, contact Nine Lives Media Inc. CEO Amy Katz (amy@NineLivesMediaInc.com).
- For editorial and content inquiries, contact Editorial Director Joe Panettieri (joe@NineLivesMediaInc.com).
About Nine Lives Media Inc.
Nine Lives Media Inc. defines emerging IT media markets and disrupts established IT media markets. Founded in 2008, Nine Lives Media has generated profitable, debt-free growth since its inception. The company’s market leading blogs and online destinations include MSPmentor (www.MSPmentor.net), The VAR Guy (www.TheVARguy.com), Talkin’ Cloud (www.TalkinCloud.com), VARtweet (www.VARtweet.com) and MSPtweet (www.MSPtweet.com). For more information, visit www.NineLivesMediaInc.com.
Who are the Top Financial Lenders Serving VARs, MSPs and the IT Channel
Nine Lives Media Inc., the most innovative media company serving today’s IT channel, will conclude The VAR Guy’s Channel Finance 25 survey on Friday, December 17, 2010. Lenders, vendors and financing companies that serve VARs, managed services providers and IT consultants are encouraged to participate in the Channel Finance 25 survey.
To participate in The VAR Guy’s Channel Finance 25 survey, visit www.thevarguy.com/channel-finance-25/
Based on the survey results, Nine Lives Media Inc. will publish a first-of-its-kind research report that helps VARs, MSPs and solutions providers to find small business loans, lease agreements and special financing assistance. The Channel Finance 25 report will be published by The VAR Guy (www.TheVARguy.com), the world’s leading blog serving the IT channel.
“As VARs and MSPs plan for growth in 2011, access to capital remains critically important,” said Amy Katz, CEO of Nine Lives Media Inc. “The VAR Guy’s Channel Finance 25 survey and report will help VARs and MSPs to find potential financial partners and lenders that they may otherwise have overlooked.”
For questions about the survey, contact Nine Lives Media Inc. Executive VP and Editorial Director Joe Panettieri (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com).
Who Are the World’s Top 100 Managed Services Providers?
Nine Lives Media Inc., the most innovative media company serving today’s IT channel, will complete its fourth annual MSPmentor 100 survey on Friday, December 17, 2010. Small, midsize and large managed services providers (MSPs) from across the globe are encouraged to participate in this unique survey, which ultimately identifies and honors the world’s top 100 MSPs.
To participate in the MSPmentor 100 survey, visit www.mspmentor.net/top-100-msps/.
“The MSPmentor 100 report is the first report of it’s kind to track managed service providers around the world; and is used regularly as a guide for end-users looking for IT providers, investors looking to make acquisitions in the market, and others looking to better understand what the best MSPs in the world are doing to expand their businesses,” said Amy Katz, CEO of Nine Lives Media Inc.
MSPs that land on the MSPmentor 100 list receive free worldwide publicity, and free search engine optimization (SEO) since the MSPmentor web site links to every MSPmentor 100 company.
“In addition to honoring North American MSPs, we look forward to putting the MSPmentor 100 spotlight on managed services providers in Europe, Africa, Australia and additional regions,” said Joe Panettieri, executive VP and editorial director of Nine Lives Media Inc.
About Nine Lives Media Inc.
Nine Lives Media Inc. defines emerging IT media markets and disrupts established IT media markets. Founded in 2008, Nine Lives Media has generated profitable, debt-free growth since its inception. The company’s market leading blogs and online destinations include MSPmentor (www.MSPmentor.net), Talkin’ Cloud (www.TalkinCloud.com), The VAR Guy (www.TheVARguy.com), VARtweet (www.VARtweet.com) and MSPtweet (www.MSPtweet.com). For more information, visit www.NineLivesMediaInc.com.
5 Managed Services Pricing Tips From 2 Top MSPs: Join Us Today
How should you adjust your managed services pricing strategies for 2011? Find the answer today (Wednesday, Nov. 17 at 2:00 p.m. eastern) during our MSPmentor Live webcast. Two top MSPs will share at least five managed services pricing tips while answering dozens of attendee questions. Here’s a closer look at our guest speakers and the what we’ll cover.
Our guest speakers will include:
- Cindy Heimbecker, Managed Services Practice Lead, UNIS LUMIN
- Tim Hebert, CEO, Atrion Networking Corp.
- Phil LaForge, VP and GM, Nimsoft (the webcast’s sponsor)
Heimbecker and Hebert will describe how they developed their respective managed services offerings. Then, they’ll share key tips on pricing considerations. This will be more than a per user vs. per device debate. Both Heimbecker and Hebert will answer questions from MSPs throughout the webcast. And LaForge will describe broader pricing and sales trends from across the Nimsoft customer base.
Our guest speakers have committed to sharing at least five pricing strategies and tips during the webcast. But I suspect we’ll cover far more than that. And we’ll cover your questions throughout the discussion. To join us please register here.
Thanks, in advance, for your continued dialog and engagement with MSPmentor.
Help Wanted: Freelance Openings at Nine Lives Media Inc.
Nine Lives Media Inc. remains in growth mode and we have big plans for 2011. We are currently seeking talented freelance professionals to assist our sales, marketing, Webcast, blogging and video efforts. Current freelance opportunities include:
- Part-time Sales Assistant (Boston preferred)
- Contributing Senior Editor, The VAR Guy and MSPmentor (New York, San Francisco or San Jose preferred)
- Contributing Webcast Editor/Moderator (location flexible, continental US)
- Contributing Assistant bloggers (two opportunities, New York, San Francisco or San Jose preferred).
- Freelance Video Editor (New York preferred but location flexible)
For details visit our careers page. Equal opportunity employer.
Innovation Never Stops At Nine Lives Media Inc.
Question: Will Nine Lives Media Inc. ever rest on its laurels? Answer: Absolutely not. Sure, MSPmentor is the top blog for managed services, and The VAR Guy is the top blog covering the IT channel. But our work isn’t done. What’s next? The Nine Lives Media Inc. team invites you to find a clue in this video:
We look forward to you joining the conversation on December 7.
Help Wanted: Part Time Sales Assistant
Nine Lives Media Inc. seeks part-time sales assistant to handle daily work related to online advertisers; online ad and enewsletter placement; timely sponsor updates on all media sites; and more.
Requires roughly 10-15 hours/week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A marketing/advertising/media background
- Intense attention to detail
- Excellent email and phone etiquette with customers
- Understanding of new technology and potentially WordPress; if not, quick learners welcome
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to multitask
- An ability to meet all deadlines
The Sales Assistant role likely requires roughly 10-15 hours per week. Candidates in the Boston/North Shore geography are preferred; but no great candidate will be overlooked.
To apply for this consulting opportunity, send email cover letter and resume to CEO Amy Katz (Amy [at] NineLivesMediaInc.com).
(equal opportunity employer)
From the Team That Brought You MSPmentor and The VAR Guy…
Webcast Today: SaaS Marketing Strategies for VARs and MSPs
How can VARs and MSPs effectively brand and market their first SaaS solutions? Find the answers by joining us today (Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2:00 p.m. eastern) for The VAR Guy Live webcast. The topic: How to Market and Brand Your First SaaS Services. The marketing pros from Robin Robins’ Technology Marketing Toolkit will join the discussion. During the event we’ll cover dozens of live questions from attendees. Thanks to those who join us. We look forward to your questions and a lively discussion.